The Ho Chi Minh City Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control has issued a list of reopening requirements for local travel agencies, lodging facilities, and operators of outdoor tourist attractions.
According to the newly issued safety regulations, travel agencies and tourists can resume tourism activities provided they meet the following criteria:
Staff requirements at lodging facilities
- Employees are only permitted to come into contact with tourists if they have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days or have recovered from COVID-19.
- Staff who do not have contact with tourists must have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to returning to work and be subject to periodic rapid testing.
- Unvaccinated staff may only work remotely.
- Staff who directly serve tourists, such as receptionists and restaurant staff, will be tested every three days.
- All staff and customers must wear face masks in situations with potential direct contact.
Operational requirements at lodging facilities
- Members of families or groups of guests with similar or same epidemiological backgrounds can be lodged in the same room for two or more people.
- Guests who are traveling alone or groups of guests with different epidemiological backgrounds must be lodged in separate rooms.
- Lodging facilities with dining services may only provide takeaway to non-resident customers and room service to in-house guests.
- Lodging facilities must have at least one designated ‘quarantine room’ and one designated ‘waiting room’ equipped with at least three sets of personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees.
- Tourists aged 18 and older follow similar regulations.
Travel agency requirements
- Tours are only allowed in COVID-19-free or low-risk areas and must adhere to basic pandemic prevention measures.
- The number of visitors entering outdoor tourist attractions should not exceed 30 percent of capacity.
- The number of guests on each trip must comply with ordinances relating to public gatherings.